New patients and returning patients, we have changed our check-in process. We have recently upgraded our systems and invested in a new Phreesia tablet- based check-in system.
Some of the benefits of this new system include:
- All of your health information that you enter is private and secure
- Your health records will be up-to-date
- You are only asked questions that are relevant to your personal health
- You can update and verify your insurance coverage prior to your exam
- You can pay your copay in a secure environment
What this new process means for you:
- You will be asked to arrive 30 minutes early if you are a new patient to register and enter your information into the tablet.
- You will be asked to arrive 15 minutes early if you are a returning patient, to review the information that is already saved in the tablet.
With the tablet you will be asked to enter your health history, including any medications you may take, along with your insurance information and payment information. You will even be able to enroll in the patient portal and make your payment via credit card right on the tablet.
In future appointments, all of your information will be saved electronically and securely and you will only need to review it for changes.
We recognize that it initially it is more time-consuming for our patients to get registered, and we apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause, however, in the future it will be a time-saver for our patients and will even help our office run more efficiently, as our goal is always to get patients in with their doctors quicker.
It’s still a great idea to enroll in the patient portal, as doing so will allow you will to communicate with your doctor’s office directly via email. Many patients like this simple and convenient way to get in touch with their doctor.
All of our systems are integrated and our medical assistants will receive your emails and consult with your doctor, if necessary, in an effort to respond quickly and efficiently to your requests or questions. It saves you time because, you reach the person you need and there is no necessity to call or wait on hold. It gives you direct access to your doctor’s office!