Hip Preservation Symposium for Physical Therapists
Event Date: January 27, 2018
A Special Event Exclusively for Physical Therapists from Across Colorado.
Join Panorama Orthopedics & Spine Center’s premeire hip preservation team, Dr. Micheal Ellman, hip arthroscopist, and Dr. Ron Hugate, complex orthopedic surgeon – specializing in hip reconstructions and ganz osteotomy, as they come together to present a special program tailored to physical therapists.
You will enjoy breakfast and an opportunity to meet and network with both Dr. Ellman and Dr. Hugate. Through thier presentations you will hear about labral repair and reconstructions ,as well as, treatment for hip dysplasia.
This presentation will take place on Saturday morning, January 27th, 2018 from 8:30 am to 11:0 am
Location: Panorama Orthopedics and Spine Center Golden: 660 Golden Ridge Road, Suite 250, Golden, CO 80401
Speakers: Dr. Michael Ellman, Dr. Ron Hugate
Dr. Ellman will present on:
- The indications for both, labral repair and reconstruction
- The surgical techniques for each procedure including the new Kite technique.
- The pearls and pitfalls of rehabilitation and optimal recovery timelines and protocols.
- A former patient will share her story of bi-lateral labral repair with Dr. Ellman share her recovery story.
Dr. Hugate will present on:
- Recognizing the signs and symptoms of hip dysplasia
- Cover simple diagnostic evaluations for hip dysplasia that you can do in clinic
- Review other hip deformities you may find in patients.
- Review Ganz Osteotomy – the surgical repair for hip dysplasia
- Highlight the special therapy protocols for optimal recovery
Individuals who are young and struggling with hip pain often travel a long road to get a proper diagnosis for their pain. We recognize that physical therapists play a critical role in helping these patients learn the root cause of their hip pain and play a vital role in helping them recover from complicated surgical repairs.
Take this opportunity to meet these unique and highly specialized orthopedic surgeons. They are some of the only surgeons in the Rocky Mountain region who specialize in hip preservation and as a team, they bring a special approach to helping patients live pain-free and active lifestyles again,
Bring your questions as they will be available to answer them.
* Both Dr. Ellman and Dr Hugate, welcome surgical observations for physical therapists.