Patient Safety in the Midst of the Coronavirus
Patient safety is always a top priority at Panorama Orthopedics & Spine Center. With Coronavirus (COVID19) now in Colorado, we want our patients to know that we have implemented several new procedures and protocols in an effort to keep our staff and our patients safe and healthy. We will continue to be in close contact with local hospitals, as well as, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) to make sure we are doing everything possible to mitigate the risk of introducing the virus into our facilities. There are three specific areas that we are focused on – cleaning, identifying health risks in scheduling appointments and education.
It is standard to wipe down our exam rooms with hospital grade cleansing wipes after each patient visit. We will now also, be wiping down the waiting areas and check-in areas many times each day. Our electronic check-in pads will be sanitized before and after each patient handles them. Additionally, with cold and flu season in full swing, we will offer masks for any patient who is coughing or sneezing.
Using guidance from local Hospitals, we have implemented screening questions to help us identify anyone who may be at high risk for Coronavirus. At the time of scheduling and also at check-in, we will be asking patients if they have recently been to any of the identified countries that are of highest concern. We will also ask about their current health status to determine whether or not they have a fever, cough or shortness of breath. If patients are exhibiting any of these symptoms we are kindly asking them to re-schedule their appointment.
There are many actions that each of us can take to protect ourselves from getting Coronavirus. We are working with our staff and teams to make sure that they are practicing these healthy habits and we want to provide you with education on how to practice these habits. These are the same actions that can protect you from getting any respiratory illness.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep your children at home when they are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or sleeve. If you use a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
Please know that Panorama Orthopedics & Spine Center is dedicated to keeping our staff and doctors healthy so that we may continue to serve our patients and provide the best possible care. We will continue to be in touch with leading health organizations to modify our protocols as necessary and recommended so that we can provide a safe environment for all of our patients.